Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hello Seattle

Steven was a trooper and joined me on my adventures to Seattle and Idaho. We drove over 2000 miles but it was a blast, at least for me. We visited Audrey for almost a week and we got to see some new things, including her new baby. I'll post the pictures from Idaho in a couple of days, I don't want to overwhelm all of you with jealousy. :) It was so good to see Audrey, Barrett, Daven and new little Afton. She's a beautiful baby with TONS of hair! Thanks again Audrey and Barrett for letting us crash your apartment!

TWIN FALLS

On our way to Seattle, Steve and I stopped in Twin Falls to have some dinner. We crossed this huge bridge and at the bottom of this gorge there was the most beautiful golf course. It was sweet!
IN SEATTLE
I seriously could not get enough of Afton's hair. I love it!
PIKE'S MARKET
In my personal opinion, Pike's Market is a must see if you're visiting Seattle. There are tons of fruit stands, honey stands, fish stands, flower shops and any other shop you could possibly imagine. There are people singing on the street and hippies everywhere. It's great!
LINCOLN PARK (no not the band)
This is the "Sandcastle Beemine" as Daven named it. We took the only patch of sand we could find on the beach and built a fantastic sandcastle. Good job Steve and Daven!
We saw two jelly fish in the water. One was dead and just floating along, and this red one looked as if it were dying. I didn't think they came this far north. Shows you what I know about jelly fish.
On our little hike to the beach, we spotted a spotted owl. I've never really seen one, so I thought it was pretty cool.
I just love this picture. Afton sure is a great baby! She didn't even cry when Steve held her. :)
THE FERRY
We rode the ferry to Vashon Island and it was one of the highlights of the trip. There was a street fair and we walked around for a while, passing little booths as we strolled up the street. I really love street fairs, mostly because they always have live entertainment. There were a few bands and singers that I really liked, and there was even an old man dancing/doing Tai Chi under a tree. I wanted to take a picture of him, but I didn't really think that it would be appropriate. He seemed really into the music.
I officially love Seattle, and I hope that Audrey and Barrett enjoyed our company as much as we enjoyed theirs!

6 comments:

Jen and Alec said...

soooooo jealous! Wish we could have been there to cuddle 'Tiny 'Ton' with you.

barrettandaudrey said...

I loved having you. Thanks for making the sacrafice to come!

Kendra said...

Hello, my name is Kendra Haynie and we used to be Best Friends. I would like to know what happened to that idea. Ya know? How come I did not get invited to come to Nashville? I do not even need school. BUT, lucky for you, you have made such an impression on my life I could just never throw you by the way side, so I guess I will just keep loving you! :)

But for real, when can I see you?

Brianna said...

that is so fun!! I'm headed up to Seattle in a few weeks and I'm so excited! It looks gorgeous!

Lizzy said...

I love pike's market! And I love you. Glad you had fun! And sorry I missed your show last night.

I heard it was amazing. As usual.

Sarah Woolley said...

Katie!!! I miss you so much! I got your message...CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you and Cameron! My phone didn't pick up your number and I have been so wanting to call you. Please give me your number so I can call!!! I love you!