Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I've never been one for New Year's resolutions. I always thought that they were for old people or crazy people. How do you make a goal for a whole year? I always felt that I could only do a goal for maybe a week (and that was only if I could get past the first day).

I do feel the winds changing, and I found two things that I really want to do this year.

Number 1: It's pretty cliche, but I want to lose weight. I want to look like I did in high school, but older and much more mature. :) I guess I've never been super overweight, but I feel like I could use fewer pounds around me. Cameron wants to lose some weight too, so yesterday we signed up for Weight Watchers. Already I've been a little depressed because I feel like I haven't eaten anything, but I'm still going over my daily limit. I'll figure it out, it will just be a little process.

Number 2 (This one I'm really excited for): I'm going to post one of the songs that I have written every week this entire year. I'm fairly sure that I have about 50-ish songs, so that allows me to post one every week. I'm not gonna lie, it's going to be a little tough. I tend to get busy and caught up in life, but once upon a time music was my life and I want to get that dedication back. Also, I've always wanted to get my music "out there." I almost moved to Nashville, but marrying Cameron became my priority. I'm so glad I chose to stay with him rather than go out there, but I still want to do my part in sharing my music.

Keep in mind that most of these recordings will be done using my laptop. The sound won't be magnificent, the video quality may not be the best, but it will suffice. I hope that you all enjoy this and I hope that I enjoy it too. I have a feeling that I will.

Here's the first post: It's a song I wrote when I lived in Gilbert, AZ back in 2007. It's also one of my favorites.

IDEAL

2 comments:

sarahjane_72 said...

I do hope that these posts will include the happy song and yours 80's love ballad. :) also the one about sitting on the football field underneath the stars.... :) love and miss you kaite lew.

Brianna said...

AHHHH I just love you! Man I miss hearing you sing! Kendra and I were just talking the other day about how we could listen to you sing and play for hours and never get sick of it! You're amazing! Love you!!