Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sun! Sun! Glorious Sun!

Logan was cold, Phoenix was warm and I happened to have a round trip ticket in my name. My good friend Jesse Pettit got married last week, and I have been aching to return to the land that I fell in love with last year. It was so fun to see Jen and Alec and the kids! I also got to see Austin, the little boy that I worked with when I lived there, and it made me unbelievably happy!

It never fails to surprise me how much I really do love the desert. There is a beauty about it that is indescribable. At first I didn't think much of the desert, but I found myself appreciating the cacti, dust and palm trees so much more. I really hope that I can return soon, but I am still happy in Logan. :)

Here are some pictures from our hike at Papago Park.


Have I mentioned lately how much I really adore these kids?



Eric donned my favorite boots and tramped around the house a little bit. I think they look pretty good, maybe a little too warm for Phoenix, but stylish all the same.
Here's the artsy side of me coming out. I thought that this dried up Saguaro cactus was beautiful and haunting all at the same time.

3 comments:

barrettandaudrey said...

I am glad you updated. I am so jealous you got to go there. I have spring fever sooooo bad. I love ya!

Ben and Anna said...

I am also missing the desert...especially this time of year!

katielizabethawkes said...

I agree that the desert is incredibly beautiful in its own wonderful way. Let's move to Gilbert and grow old together.

Um, remember how we played this whole weekend? And how it was amazing? And how I get to see you again in 2 weeks?

Our lives are good. Tell your dream team that love IS alive, even in winter :)

"Tomorrow shall be my dancing day."